The purpose of the Pathways to Oncology as a Medical Student session is to highlight the various ways for medical students to learn more about how to “break into” the field of oncology as well as how diverse the pathways are into the field of oncology.
As part of this session, panelists will discuss the following topics:
- The different types of oncology research and which are most accessible to medical students.
- What are likely projects for medical students and participation expectations.
- How to find a research mentor and how to be a “good” mentee.
- Examples of projects start to finish.
- Examples of non-research experiences.
Please register for the event here. If you would like to submit topics or questions for panelists to answer, click here.